CELT’s Choose Your Instructional Tool Adventure focuses on various instructional strategies found on the CELT website and demonstrates practical ways to incorporate these tools in a Canvas course. Instructional support staff from across campus will facilitate each 30-minute byte. These 30-minutes builds on concepts covered on the CELT instructional strategies pages.
30-minute teaching topics held on the following days
Registration information is found on each event ISU calendar entry below:
- Engagement, Sept. 15 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Web conferencing: polling and breakout rooms, Sept. 22 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Web conferencing: sharing content, Sept. 29 (11-11:30 a.m., via Webex)
- Web conferencing: keeping it all organized), Oct. 6 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Study Tools, Oct. 13 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Collaboration, Oct. 20 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Discussions, Oct 27 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Peer Review, Nov. 3 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Using video for content, presentations, & performances, Nov. 10 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Grading Tricks and Tips, Nov. 17 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Effective virtual student/office hours), Nov. 24 (11-11:30 a.m.)
- Identify tools to help instructors manage a blended or online classroom.
- Align tool usage to course objectives.
- Implement inclusive pedagogical components into a course (e.g., inclusive examples, accessibility, and Universal Design for Learning principles).
- Locate ISU’s teaching and learning support resources.
Individual Workshop Objectives
- Access CELT web resources specific to online teaching and learning.
- Identify the most appropriate tool to implement a strategy in their course.
- Create sample content using the tool.
- Locate proper support for the selected tool.