CELT’s Choose Your Instructional Tool Adventure focuses on various instructional strategies found on the CELT website and demonstrates practical ways to incorporate these tools in a Canvas course. Instructional support staff from across campus will facilitate each 30-minute byte. These 30-minutes builds on concepts covered on the CELT instructional strategies pages.
30-minute teaching topics held from 2:30-3 p.m. on the following days:
Registration information is found on each of the event ISU calendar entries below.
- Web conferencing: Keeping it all organized, Jan. 13
- Using video for content, presentations, & performances, Jan. 19
- Communication, Feb. 3
- Engagement, Feb. 10
- Web conferencing: polling and breakout rooms, Feb. 17
- Web conferencing: sharing content, Feb. 24
- Web conferencing: keeping it all organized, Mar. 3
- Study Tools, Mar. 10
- Collaboration, Mar. 17
- Discussions, Mar. 24
- Peer Review, Mar. 31
- Using video for content, presentations, & performances, Apr. 7
- Grading Tricks and Tips, Apr. 14
- Effective virtual student/office hours, Apr. 21
- Identify tools to help instructors manage a blended or online classroom.
- Align tool usage to course objectives.
- Implement inclusive pedagogical components into a course (e.g., inclusive examples, accessibility, and Universal Design for Learning principles).
- Locate ISU’s teaching and learning support resources.
Individual Workshop Objectives
- Access CELT web resources specific to online teaching and learning.
- Identify the most appropriate tool to implement a strategy in their course.
- Create sample content using the tool.
- Locate proper support for the selected tool.