The learning and teaching technologies listed on this page have been vetted by the ISU LMS Enterprise Team, comprised of:
- The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)
- Information Technologies (IT) Security Team
- Office of University Counsel, Procurement Services
- Iowa State University Book Store
The apps below have been proven to meet the university’s security, privacy, accessibility, and purchasing standards. Click the name of a tool to learn more.
View an alphabetical list of available tools.
Did you recently learn about a new technology you would like to see Iowa State implement? Do you already use a technology that recently created a connection app for Canvas? Read the Overview of Steps in the App Review and Approval Process, then submit a request to have the app reviewed for use at Iowa State University.
Canvas is the primary learning management system (LMS) at Iowa State University. It gives you the ability to quickly share course materials and provides easy-to-use tools for communication and collaboration with students, co-instructors, and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
Instructors can get started by looking at the Online Course Essentials (ONCE) process.
Looking for Canvas resources? Check out Canvas@ISU.
Student Evaluation of Teaching
Get help quickly with these tools!
We want you to get accurate help as quickly as possible. Each tool has it's own support structure which should be used, even if you accessed the tool from within Canvas. See the Support section at the bottom of each technology page for available options or consult your local support unit.
Are you interested in using a tool not listed?
Did you recently learn about a new technology you would like to see Iowa State implement? Do you already use a technology that recently created a connection app for Canvas? Read the information below, then submit a request to have the app reviewed for use at Iowa State University.
Overview of Steps in the App Review and Approval Process
The ISU LMS Enterprise Team will process all requests for new apps according to these steps:
- The newly requested app is checked for overlap in functionality with existing apps.
- Documentation is requested from the vendor.
- Documentation is simultaneously reviewed by security, accessibility, procurement, and learning technology members of the LMS Enterprise Team.
- Findings are reviewed by the Change Advisory Board and approved or denied.
- The app is installed in a test instance of Canvas and reviewed by the LMS Enterprise Team and the original requestor.
- The fully approved app is installed in the live Canvas instance.
For questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What concerns are there for approving a new app for use at ISU?
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) along with the FERPA Sharing Student Information page.
- Level of installation and access at ISU:
- Is access limited to specific departments or courses?
- Who provides IT administrative oversight of the app/LTI?
- Who provides local support for faculty and students?
- Who pays for the annual license?
- Are any costs passed onto students?
- Copyright/ownership of content and data and how content and data may be reused by the vendor
- Terms of Service/License Agreements Is it between the institution and the vendor or between individual users and the vendor?
- Does it meet ISU Digital Access Guidelines? To learn about accessible course content, Universal Design for Learning and Quality Matters, visit CELT’s Accessibility in Your Course page.
News & Updates
From May 17-28, Perusall will host Perusall Exchange, an asynchronous social learning conference, with more than 50 sessions across a diverse array of disciplines that highlight innovative pedagogical approaches by instructors using the platform. Visit
Students are now provided with lifetime access to a read-only copy of any textbook they purchase through Top Hat. With this feature, students have continued access to the textbooks they have purchased even after their
The Webex 41.4 update includes the following enhancements to Webex Meetings: Zoom In and Zoom Out in Grid View, Customize the Stage View, Simplified Layout Options, Sync my Stage for Everyone, Customized Layouts Attendee Support, and iPhone Breakout Room Host Support.
In this Studio release (March 30), Chromebook users can seamlessly capture their screen or webcam and upload their video to Studio.