In the March 20, 2021 Canvas Release, the changes below are slated to become part of the main Canvas environment.
- Learning Mastery Gradebook Student Filters: The Learning Mastery Gradebook includes filters for inactive and concluded enrollments, this feature already exists in the standard Gradebook view.
- File Preview Enhancements: Files linked in the Rich Content Editor can be previewed in an overlay or inline.
- Submission Reassignments: In SpeedGrader, instructors can reassign an assignment with a due date to an individual student and ask them to redo their submission. Additional submissions cannot exceed the maximum number of permissions available for that student.
- Course Availability Date Enhancements: Course Settings will now include a menu to select whether to use the university-determined Term dates or the instructor-specified Course dates. Instructors may still also specify dates for each specific section via ISU AdminTools; these continue to not display within the course.
- Webcam Submissions: In File Upload assignments, students can use their webcam to submit to an assignment.
- New Quizzes Modules Support: For institutions who have enabled New Quizzes, Canvas now includes support to build them straight from a module. Read the latest news about the New Quizzes implementation at ISU.
March 15, 2021
The enhancements to Course Availability Dates will be reviewed for implementation at a later time.