The July 17, 2021 Canvas Release contains information pertaining to the following:
- Maintenance windows begin. Starting July 15, regular maintenance windows will be implemented between the hours of 12:05 am and 4:05 am local time on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Deprecated features will be removed. The Classic Rich Content Editor (disabled at ISU in Dec. 2020) and SMS notifications (disabled at ISU in May 2020) will be completely removed from Canvas.
The following feature will be enabled during our Fall 2021 technology updates, scheduled for August 16, 2021.
- SCORM Launch Links: Additional security measures will be added to ensure only users enrolled in the course where the SCORM content was uploaded will be given access.
Additional features included in this update but not currently applicable to the ISU environment include:
- New Quizzes and Modules: New Quizzes display within the module for students.
- Microsoft Teams Sync: Pending approval of ISU’s request to participate in the beta implementation, course rosters can be synced from the Canvas course People page to Microsoft Teams.
The LMS Enterprise Team will continue to review these Canvas features as they develop.