Congratulations on the end of this historic semester in which we shifted from face-to-face to virtual teaching this spring semester!
To guide you through the grade submission process, follow the seven steps outlined on the End of Semester Checklist page. As a reminder, grades are due Tuesday, May 12 at 2:15 p.m. (Note: Due to the COVID-19 Temporary Pass/Not Pass policy, timely submission of final grades is essential.)
For summer session courses or future semesters, consider how to make your classes even more engaging for yourself and your students:
- Create a compelling course with essential interactions between the instructor, students, and course using engaging student learning environment page.
- Explore the new CELT teaching with technology site for instructional strategies, instructional tools, Quality Matters information, and more!
- Recall the several ways to assess student learning by exploring the CELT Remote Assessments page.
- Reduce barriers for all of your students with CELT’s Accessibility in your course page.
- Promote inclusion no matter where you are. Bookmark CELT’s Creating an Inclusive Classroom page for additional resources and bookmark the COVID-19 resources from ISU’s Division of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Connect your students to the resources for their success on the Campus Resources to Support Students. If you have a concern regarding a student’s well-being or behavior, contact Student Assistance via phone 515-294-1020, email email@example.com, or you can refer a student via the “refer a student” link at the top of the Office of Student Assistance page.
It’s never too early to prepare for the next semester. Use the Start of Semester Checklist to get a head start on your future courses.
Best wishes on the end of the semester,
Sara Marcketti, Director
Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
Full Teaching Tip
Prefer a Print version?
To view the Teaching Tip as a printable document with web addresses, download the CELT Teaching Tip for April 30, 2020 (PDF).