The end of the semester can be stressful with thoughts of grading, final exams, and weather challenges. The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching has compiled this list to help you wrap up the semester so that you can rest and enjoy your Winter Break:
- Grades are due on December 26: As a reminder, the 2019 Fall Semester final grades are due by December 26th at 2:15 p.m. To guide you through the end of the semester process in Canvas follow the End of Semester Checklist webpage. You may also submit grades through AccessPlus.
- Extended Open Labs times: To aid in the grade submission process, our CELT staff will be available for additional Open Labs in 101E Collaboration Space of Parks Library on the following days/times:
- Dec. 20 (7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Dec. 23 (7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Dec. 26 (7:30 a.m.-2:15 p.m.)
- Prepping for Spring Semester: Use the Start of the Semester Checklist to walk you through:
- creating a course shell and copying content from a previous Canvas course and
- enrolling students and publishing your course with ISU’s Global Course Administration tool.
- Reminder: Courses are available to students on January 6th (classes begin January 13) unless you change the course start date in Settings (view the How do I change the start and end dates for a course web guide).
- Winter Break Hours: In an effort to conserve energy during a period of reduced activity on campus, CELT will close December 23-December 27. In addition, CELT will observe modified hours of operation from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. during winter break (December 23-January 10). Normal operations and hours will resume on January 13.
- Canvas Support is 24/7: While we are on break, remember that Canvas offers 24/7 support options listed in the ?Help icon on the Global Navigation menu (far left of your screen in Canvas):
- Canvas Support Line (Call 515-294-4000 then press 2, press 1)
- Live Chat with Canvas Support
- A web-based Report a Problem Form
See you in the New Year,
Sara Marcketti, Director
Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
Full Teaching Tip
Prefer a Print version?
To view the Teaching Tip as a printable document with web addresses, download the CELT Teaching Tip for December 5, 2019 (PDF)