ALEKS is an artificially intelligent learning and assessment system that has been used by over 25 million students for Math, Chemistry, Statistics, and Accounting. After quickly and accurately determining each student’s precise knowledge of a subject, ALEKS helps the student work on the topics they are ready to learn. ALEKS intelligence, content, and software are unique and proprietary; they have been developed together, and work in unison. ALEKS digital content provides comprehensive course coverage.
- Artificial intelligence targets gaps in individual student school knowledge
- Course management tools: Gradebook, Course Calendar, and e-Homework with worked examples
- Automatically graded assignments: e-Homework, tests, and other assessments
- Automated reports monitor student and course progress
Adding ALEKS to your Canvas Course
- Open your Canvas course.
- Follow the steps in the ‘How do I manage Course Navigation links?‘ guide to enable the link for the ALEKS.
- Click Save.
Access ALEKS Content in Canvas
ALEKS is added to your Canvas course through Immediate Access Course Materials. You may not have access until the first day of class.
Access ALEKS on the Canvas course left-hand navigation menu. The first time you access you will need to register with ALEKS using your Iowa State email address.
ALEKS content is listed as part of the instructional materials for a course. Students purchase this content through the ISU Bookstore, then access it according to the Student Resources section above.
For more information about purchasing ALEKS course materials, visit the ISU Bookstore’s Immediate Access webpage or email email@example.com.