Quality Matters (QM)
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process based on best practices to measure the quality of online and blended courses. You might achieve the following deliverables through your involvement with QM:
- A navigable online environment in which students are easily oriented to ways to get started and find various course components;
- A strong plan for instructor presence and communication strategies in your online and/or blended course;
- A solid action plan for peer interaction and active learning in your online course;
- Meaningful practice opportunities for your online students to achieve the planned learning objectives;
- A well-grounded articulation of ways in which critical course components support your learning outcomes (alignment);
- A rigorous review of your course’s quality accompanied by suggestions for measurable and practical incremental improvements;
- Camaraderie of like-minded instructors passionate about the issues of course design and quality and more!
Ken Tsai (Apparel, Events & Hospitality Management, College of Human Sciences) shares how QM professional development opportunities helped improve the learning experiences of his students in the Quality Matters at Iowa State YouTube video.
How can you get involved with Quality Matters at ISU?
To begin, visit CELT’s Getting Started with QM webpage; then, participate in workshops, consultations, self-review, and additional professional development opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions: CELT Restructure and Launch of Iowa State Online
In this Frequently Asked Questions: CELT Restructure and Launch of Iowa State Online (PDF), you may read about our goals, the restructuring/expansion process, Canvas support for a high-quality student experience, our continued CELT professional development programs/events for faculty, staff, and graduate/post-docs for ALL modes of instruction (see the events calendar), and more.
What is Quality Matters?
What is Quality Matters? Quality Matters (QM), a non-profit faculty-driven course assurance organization, provides instructors with tools and processes to
Getting Started with QM
Getting Started with QM Anyone at Iowa State can create a free QM account, access the QM Rubric, and initiate
QM Consultation with CELT
QM Consultations Schedule a QM consultation with CELT by emailing email@example.com or calling 515-294-5357. CELT staff can: Explain how to apply
QM Rubric & Reviews
QM Rubrics & Reviews A Quality Matters (QM) account provides Iowa State faculty, and instructors access to the course rubric,
QM-Managed Certification The official QM-managed review involves a collaboration between the QM-assembled team of three reviewers, the course representative(s) and
QM Accessibility and Usability Resource
Accessibility & Usability Quality Matters allows free access to its Quality Matters Accessibility & Usability Resource Site (AURS) as part
Quality Matters Workshops
QM Workshops Quality Matters (QM) professional development has two distinct purposes: Support individuals who seek out information about the QM
QM-Certified Courses at Iowa State
QM-Certified Courses at Iowa State Iowa State University is proud to announce that the following courses are QM-Recognized. Quality MattersTM