This facilitated workshop introduces participants to the QM Quality Assurance System. A brief overview of QM is provided, followed by an exploration into the question, “Why QM?”. QM Rubrics and the types of course reviews are introduced. The workshop culminates in developing a personal plan for continued engagement with Quality Matters.
This is an online, asynchronous course that runs for a two week period between September 25th and October 9th. It will be facilitated by Dr. Olga Mesropova, ISU’s Associate Professor, Department of World Languages and Cultures, and certified QM Master Reviewer. A minimum commitment of 6 hours total is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.
- New and experienced instructors who have heard of QM and would like to learn the basics
- Higher Ed administrators interested in the basics of QM
- Identify basic information about Quality Matters.
- Differentiate Quality Matters from other quality assurance options.
- Identify basic information about Quality Matters Rubrics and how they are used to review the design of online and hybrid courses.
- Distinguish between Quality Matters course review types.
- Select options for continued engagement with Quality Matters.
Please refer to the Schedule and Checklist to ensure you can stay on track and successfully complete the workshop.
Note: Registration for this event has closed.