YouTube is a video-sharing service where users can watch, like, share, comment, and upload their videos. Videos can be streamed on PCs, laptops, tablets, and via mobile phones.
- A pasted link to any YouTube video will automatically be converted into an embedded video
- Easy access via the Rich Content Editor; click a button to embed videos in your course
- Integrated with Canvas Studio, you can create video quizzes, add captions, and view insights.
The YouTube integration is automatically available in all courses at ISU.
Using YouTube in Your Canvas Course
To add YouTube videos to your course, follow the steps in these guides:
- How do I link to a YouTube video in the Rich Content Editor?
- How do I upload media in Canvas Studio?
To work with YouTube videos in Canvas, follow the steps in these guides:
Using YouTube Videos in Your Canvas Course
YouTube videos can be embedded in anything that uses the Rich Content Editor. Follow this guide to learn how to embed a YouTube video in discussion replies, wiki pages, assignment submissions, and more: