IntroductionVimeo is a video storage and sharing service. It supports storage and management, collaboration, marketing, and live streaming. Instructors can use Vimeo to provide instructional content or have students use Vimeo to create video content.
- Video storage
- Live streaming
- Sharing and collaboration
Vimeo can be used inside Canvas or through the Vimeo website.
Uploading videos to Vimeo
To upload a video to Vimeo:
- Login to Vimeo using your Vimeo user-id and password
- Click on Upload a video tab to upload the video file
- Select a title, add tags, select language and set the privacy setting to hide the video from Vimeo searches
- When the upload is complete, click on Go to video.
Adding Vimeo content to a Canvas course
To embed Vimeo videos in our Canvas course page:
- Click on the Embed tab
- Click on Get Embed Code,
- Copy the code
- Paste it to your course page using an HTML editor
Watching Vimeo content in your Canvas course
Simply click play on the video to begin streaming.
Vimeo Basic is free. There are advanced memberships available at an additional cost.