SIMnet is an easy-to-use online training and assessment solution for Microsoft Office. It provides students with life-long access and unlimited practice on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint in addition to file management, and operating systems content. With effective training modules as part of SIMnet, students can apply learning to course assignments and career opportunities.
- Results that matter: Identify where students are exceeding or struggling with course demands, individually or across the entire course, with more than 200 reporting options.
- Everything in one place: The learning management system integration provides single sign-on and grade book synchronization for SIMnet courses. LMS integration helps you manage the entire course experience and customize the
- Commitment to accessibility: Accessibility and meeting the WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines are part of our daily product development efforts.
- Career readiness tools: SIMnet helps close students’ Microsoft Office skills gaps so they can become career-ready.
- Easy-to-use study modules: Students can receive instructional content, projects, and assessments to help them with course assignments and real-world applications. Ongoing practice resources and an integrated library feature allow students to access and study content on-demand and on the go.
Adding the SIMnet to your Canvas courseSIMnet content can be added to your Canvas course through the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Open your Canvas course.
- Follow the steps in the ‘How do I manage Course Navigation links?‘ guide to enable the link for McGraw Hill SIMnet
- Click Save
Connect Canvas & SIMnet
- Click the McGraw-Hill SIMnet in the left navigation pane
- Click the Authorize button
- Verify the SIMnet URL, which is associated with your school. If the URL is incorrect, correct the URL. Click Next to proceed
- Sign in with an existing SIMnet account or create a new SIMnet account if you do not have an account
- Pair with a new or existing SIMnet class and click Next to proceed
- This concludes the pairing process. Click Continue to SIMnet
Add SIMnet assignments to Canvas
- Log into your Canvas account and navigate to your Canvas course
- Click on McGraw-Hill SIMnet in the left navigation pane
- Click on Integrate link on the SIMnet coversheet
- On the left panel, you will see the list of assignments in your SIMnet class. The right panel shows the ‘Assignment Groups’ (grading categories) you have in Canvas. Click and drag the assignments on the left panel into their respective Canvas Assignment Group on the right to deploy assignments to Canvas
- Once you have deployed the assignments in SIMnet, you can return to Canvas Assignments to verify that the assignments deployed into the correct assignment group
Sync SIMnet grades to CanvasYou can sync grades into Canvas in three different ways:
- Sync grades from a single user: Navigate to the desired class section and select the desired student. Click the Sync all user grades button on the Grade Settings Panel.
- Sync a specific grade: Navigate to the desired class section and select the desired student grade on a single assignment. Click the Re-sync grades button on the Grade Settings Panel.
- Sync grades from a single assignment: Navigate to the desired class section and select the desired assignment column. Click the Re-sync all grades button on the Column Settings Panel.
Accessing SIMnet content in your Canvas course
SIMnet is added to your Canvas course through Immediate Access Course Materials. You may not have access until the first day of class.
See SIMnet resources for additional details and screenshots or SIMnet Online Guide for instructions to create SIMnet assignments.
SIMnet content is listed as part of the instructional materials for a course. Students purchase this content through the ISU Bookstore, then access it according to the Student Resources section above.
For more information about purchasing SIMnet course materials, visit the ISU Bookstore’s Immediate Access webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.