When downloading grade information for record retention, keeping that information on your desktop is not a good idea. Iowa State University uses CyBox for online file storage. CyBox meets all university standards for security and privacy, including HIPAA and FERPA. Therefore, securely storing Canvas grades in CyBox is important for academic record-keeping. View the University Records Retention website for more information.
In Course Navigation (left menu), click the Grades link.
Click the Actions menu , then click the Export link .
When the export is completed, Canvas will download the CSV file automatically to your computer.
If you navigate away from the page during the export, the CSV file will appear as a previous download in the Actions menu so it can be downloaded again. The Gradebook will show the date and time you requested the export.
If you made changes to the Gradebook after exporting a file and want to export a new file, click the Export link again.
Note: Gradebook export files include the date and time of the download to differentiate between multiple exports. The export filename format is YYYY-MM-DDTHHMM, followed by the course name.
- Click the “Sign Ons” link found in the upper right-hand corner (above the search box) of Iowa State’s home page.
- Then, use the drop down menu and go to “More Sign Ons” to select the CyBox button.
- Click the Upload button (upper right of your screen)
- Click Upload Files or Upload Folders, depending on which you’d like to do.
- Select the file(s) or folder you’d like to upload from your local computer.
- Click Open or Upload.
- Once the file or folder has been uploaded, an “item was uploaded successfully message” will appear.