Navigating the Gradebook
Familiarize yourself with the Canvas Gradebook and the various colors and symbols contained within.
- When a cell is active, it is marked with a bold blue border and the entire row is highlighted.
- Each row is marked by alternating colors.
- Color-codes indicate the grading status of assignment submission. Possible statuses include late (blue), missing (red), resubmitted (green), dropped (orange), excused (yellow), or none (clear).
- The Search function allows searching for individual students.
- Columns associated with unpublished assignments are clearly labeled and can be shown or hidden in the new gradebook. Unpublished assignments are not visible to students, and columns associated with unpublished assignments do not appear in the student Grades view. To hide unpublished assignments from your own view, select View=>Columns=>Unpublished Assignments to show or hide such columns.
You can use the keyboard shortcuts to navigate the gradebook. Press the Escape key before using the shortcuts. For a list of shortcuts, click the keyboard icon to access accessibility directly on the interface.