Announcements allow instructors to communicate with students about course activities and post interesting course-related topics. Announcements are designed to allow instructors to broadcast information out to all members of a course or to all members of sections within a course.
- Feed posts from other information sources using RSS
- Choose to receive notifications for announcements
- New announcement indicator on course tile on Dashboard
Using Announcements in your Canvas courseTo create a new announcement in your Canvas course:
- Within your Canvas course, click the Announcements link in the course menu.
- Follow the steps in the ‘How do I add an announcement in a course? web guide.
The Canvas Calendar and Scheduler tools are supported by Instructure. Use one of the following channels to connect with their 24/7 support:
- live chat — open the ?Help menu in Canvas and click ‘Chat with Canvas Support’
- ticket support — open the ?Help menu in Canvas and click ‘Report a Problem‘
- phone support — call 515-294-4000, then follow the prompts for Canvas support