Announcements allow instructors to communicate with students about course activities and post interesting course-related topics. Announcements are designed to allow instructors to broadcast information out to all members of a course or to all members of sections within a course.
- Feed posts from other information sources using RSS
- Choose to receive notifications for announcements
- New announcement indicator on course tile on Dashboard
Using Announcements in your Canvas courseTo create a new announcement in your Canvas course:
- Within your Canvas course, click the Announcements link in the course menu.
- Follow the steps in the ‘How do I add an announcement in a course? web guide.
Announcements are built into Canvas and do not require a separate sign-on. There is no additional fee for ISU faculty or students to use the Canvas Calendar or Scheduler tools.
The Canvas Calendar and Scheduler tools are supported by Instructure. Use one of the following channels to connect with their 24/7 support:
- live chat — open the ?Help menu in Canvas and click ‘Chat with Canvas Support’
- ticket support — open the ?Help menu in Canvas and click ‘Report a Problem‘
- phone support — call 515-294-4000, then follow the prompts for Canvas support
News & Updates
Instructure has been working on the release of a new feature for the Canvas LMS platform: Canvas New Quizzes. The company has released an aggressive timeline for the implementation of New Quizzes and sunset of
Today, Syllabus Statements in Canvas will be available to all Canvas courses. Syllabus Statements will feature the required and recommended syllabus statements in Canvas as a way to communicate consistent messaging to students. This option
The July 17, 2021 Canvas Release discusses the addition of maintenance windows and the removal of deprecated features.