At May’s event, we’ll learn more about how Piazza creates an online learning environment for discussion and Q&A that allows students to collaborate with their peers and instructors at any time, whether classes are in person or virtual.
- Wiki-style formatting enables collaboration in a single space
- Anonymous posting encourages every student to participate, augmenting DEI in learning
- Instructors endorse student answers to keep the class on track
- Features a LaTeX editor, highlighted syntax, and code blocking
- Detailed statistics to help track student engagement
The purpose of the ISU-OLC is to share campus best practices to improve online teaching and learning, see how others are using the University Learning Management System (LMS) to create innovative learning experiences, inform the campus about existing and new web-based instructional technologies, participate in new technology testing and evaluation; as well as, to leverage LMS expertise, experience and training resources across campus.
The ISU-OLC audience: Faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants. Registration is required at least one day prior to this learning community.
If you’d prefer to register outside of the RSVP below, you can call CELT at 515-294-5357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (specify event title, date, name, department, and title with your request) if you’d like to register that way.
If you are a person with a disability, please contact CELT via the above phone number or email address to request reasonable accommodations to allow participation in this event.