Implementation Date: November 21, 2020
In this Canvas Release, the change below becomes part of the main Canvas environment.
- Grade Change Activity Log: The Grade Change Activity log supports multi-parameter search fields to allow for more granular search functionality.
Implementation Date: November 17, 2020.
Instructors teaching in the winter session can now create Winter Session 2021 Canvas courses using the Prepare to Teach tool.
Follow the steps in the Start of Semester Checklist for Canvas, choosing the Winter Session 2021 term.
Instructors, if you…
- Previously started developing a winter session course using Spring 2021, you will need to import the course content into a Winter Session course shell in order to properly connect to Registrar sections.
- Created your course for Winter Session 2021 using the Request a New Course Shell option, you can now associate it with the Registrar section using Prepare to Teach.
Implementation Date: October 17, 2020
In this Canvas Release, the changes below become part of the main Canvas environment.
- Recent History: The Global Navigation Menu includes a Recent History link, which displays recently visited pages in Canvas.
- Notification Preferences: The user-level Notifications page has been updated to match the design of the course-level Notifications page.
- MathJax Equation Improvements: The MathJax JS library has been improved to render equations in a more accessible format and promote ease of use. Math equations created anywhere in Canvas will be rendered as MathML.
Implementation Date: October 7, 2020
In this Canvas Deploy, the updates below became part of the main Canvas environment.
- Gradebook History: In the Gradebook history, mentions of Assignment have been replaced with Artifact. This change clarifies terminology in that items in a course associated with the Gradebook are not always assignments.
- Groups: The design of the Add Group window for instructors has been updated. No functionality has been affected.
- Gradebook – Grade Detail Tray: The Grade Details Tray will no longer include labels for assignments that have enabled Anonymous Grading. Previously, when Anonymous Grading was enabled for an assignment, the Hidden label was included in the Grade Detail Tray for students that had been graded. Additionally, the Excused label was included if the student had been excused. However, no labels were displayed for students who had not been graded, which could break anonymity.
Sept. 28, 5:00 p.m. — Course Reserves are once again available inside Canvas.
Sept. 28, 11:00 a.m. — Instructors and students are reporting that Ares Course Reserves is currently unavailable. ITS is working to resolve the issue.
Implementation Date: September 29, 2020
Canvas courses created before Fall 2020 changed to the concluded status. This process excluded courses with end dates set in the future (e.g., Dec. 1, 2025). See Course Conclusion in Canvas for additional details.
Implementation Date: September 19, 2020
In this Canvas Release, the updates below became part of the main Canvas environment.
- New Analytics: Now includes a Reports tab. Reports can be exported as CSV. Available reports include missing assignments, late assignments, excused assignments, the class roster, and course activity.