CELT Response Team
Beginning on Jan. 19, the CELT Response Team will be available for consultations Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. each day. To request assistance, call the Team at 515-294-5357.
Request pedagogical support
You may connect with our CELT instructional designers for support or pedagogical consultations by emailing your course title, describing the question or issues you have, and the steps to replicate it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This step will also create a ServiceNow ticket for easy tracking.
Contact IT Solution Center, 24/7 Canvas Support or a support unit
You may wish to contact the Solution Center (email@example.com), 24/7 Canvas support or a support unit listed below. Please note which program, department, or college each unit serves and contact the unit for your area.
Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will forward it to the appropriate staff member.
Use the CELT Staff Directory to contact a CELT staff member directly to schedule a meeting in a safe manner (virtually or face-to-face social-distanced).
Use the essential resources located on the CELT website:
IT Solution Center
- Leadership: Brent Black
- Serving: All ISU faculty, staff, and students
- Services offered: See the Solution Center’s website for more information
24/7 Canvas Support
All 24/7 support options may be found by clicking the ? Help icon (found on the left-hand navigation bar in Canvas) to access the support available to you:
- 24/7 phone support. Call 515-294-4000, then follow the prompts to connect to Canvas.
- Live chat with Canvas. Start a chat.
- Find answers to common questions in the Canvas Instructor Guides.
- Use the resources in CELT’s Canvas@ISU page.
College Support Units
Engineering-LAS Online Learning – ELO (website)
- Mark Woolley, Director ELO
- Rema Nilakanta, Director ELO Design and Delivery
- Serving: ELO supports online courses at the College of Engineering and online and blended courses at LAS.
- Services offered: Design and Delivery
- Guide instructors to set up online course (alignment, interface design, accessibility, student engagement, technology training, etc.)
- Provide information and/or training in recording and/or hosting videos
- Provide guidance on exam creation and distance student proctoring options
- Troubleshoot technical issues in the course
- Train instructors and/or teaching assistants to manage the day-to-day operations of the course.
- To schedule: Email email@example.com
- Leadership: Ann Bugler
- Serving: College of Human Sciences (AESHM, FS HN, HD FS, KIN, SOE, CHS Administration, Families Extension, Clinics and centers in the college)
- Services offered: Canvas (all aspects); Qualtrics (survey and online form coding); Zoom/WebEx (webinar for live meetings or pre-recording content); Studio/Panopto/Camtasia (pre-recording video/audio/screen capture and posting); Training and helpdesk; Content processing & posting
- To schedule: Please make appointments. Classes are first priority, others prioritized by need.
- Director: Ann Bugler firstname.lastname@example.org / 515-294-5812
- Canvas and Qualtrics: Karla Embleton email@example.com / 515-294-9198
- Webinar and video: Jessie Christensen firstname.lastname@example.org / 515-294-6452
- Graphics and Canvas: Jordan Gongora email@example.com / 515-294-1575
- Distance Ed Student Services: Trisha Ritland firstname.lastname@example.org / 515-294-7925
- General Distance Ed Student Services: email@example.com
- Distance Ed School of Education: Clyciane Michelini firstname.lastname@example.org / 515-337-2710
- GPIDEA Student Services: Katie Mott email@example.com / 515-294-5397
Ivy College of Business IT (website)
- Leadership: Greg Buttery
- Serving: Ivy College of Business (All Departments and Centers)
- Services offered: Support for all teaching technology
- To schedule: Call 515-294-9275
University Library (website)
- Leadership: Hilary Seo
- Serving: All ISU instructors working on moving classes online
- Services offered:
- Course reserves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interlibrary Loan (email@example.com)
- IT support for library applications, library website, and library website content problems (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tech Lending (email@example.com)
- Assistance finding alternate course materials—contact your subject librarian (https://instr.iastate.libguides.com/findyourlibrarian)
- Scanning of non-library materials (not a standard service for faculty or staff, just to help faculty get classes online) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To schedule: Contact the specific unit above
College of Veterinary Medicine, Office of Curricular Assessment and Teaching Support (website)
- Leadership: Dr. Jared Danielson, Associate Dean
- Serving: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Services offered:
- Canvas (all aspects)
- Qualtrics (survey and online form coding)
- Zoom (webinar for live meetings or pre-recording content)
- Echo360 (pre-recording video/audio/screen capture and posting)
- E-Value (assessments, preceptorships, rubrics, evaluations, clinical skills)
- Guidance and best practices for online teaching in Veterinary Medicine
- To schedule and for questions:
Department Support Units
Agronomy Development Lab
- Leadership: Kendall Lamkey
- Serving: Department of Agronomy
- Services offered: Canvas (course setup, quizzes and assignments, legacy exam conversion, basic course design); Lecture uploading (e.g., PowerPoint, video, etc.); Qualtrics; WebEx/Zoom (live and pre-recorded content)
- To schedule: Email email@example.com
Language Studies Resource Center (website)
- Leadership: Jacob Larsen
- Serving: Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Services offered: Technology support for Voicethread, Google Expeditions, Post Reality AR app, and Canvas (Basic course setup, Quizzes and assignments, Basic course design, Course planning such as outcomes, online interactivity, online activities, student engagement, etc.)
- To schedule: Contact Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org / 515-294-1551