QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning. In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
- Those looking to understand the QM Rubric and course review process.
- Members with a stand-alone CPE membership.
- Those who wish to complete the Higher Ed Peer Reviewer Course, learn more from the Higher Ed Peer Reviewer Course website.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Online Program Offerings
This virtual offering, delivered via Zoom, is six-hours in length and facilitated over two days. Upon completion of the entire workshop, participants may pursue certification for attaining the QM roles of Peer Reviewer and Master Reviewer.
Another option is You may register (with a fee paid by yourself/department) for the online offering and read more on QM’s Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) webpage. There is a discount because ISU is a member of Quality Matters.
Coming to where you are
Your department can host this workshop, so that your instructors take it together. There is no facilitation or accommodation fee, but your department will have to pay for the workshop materials for each participant.
If you have questions or are interested in providing this workshop for your department or college, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-5357.