Faculty and staff who received a CELT funded scholarship of a teaching and learning (SoTL) grant are eligible for the CELT Presenter Grant. The CELT Presenter Grant provides eligible faculty and staff with the opportunity to present their SoTL research findings at a teaching and learning higher education conference. Faculty and staff SoTL grant recipients (SoTL Scholars or Miller Faculty Fellowship) are encouraged to present their research at a conference that supports the dissemination of teaching strategies (e.g., The Teaching Professor Conference), Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (e.g., ISSOTL), disciplinary conferences, (e.g., an education track within your disciplinary conference) or are focused on teaching within a specific discipline (e.g., NACTA – North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture). The Presenter Grant Program supports delivery of an accepted or invited presentation, poster, or panel.
An applicant can apply for travel funds for up to $1,000. There are two steps to the process:
Before travel: Complete the application form.
After travel: Complete the post-travel form and receive your funding.
- Upload receipts of up to $1,000 to your home department as a travel reimbursement request. Please contact email@example.com that you have done so.
- Provide proof of presentation, for example, a letter of acceptance or a picture of the program from the conference; and complete a
- Final report. Sections of the final report may be posted to the CELT website and the ISU Digital Repository. The written report, between 150-300 words shares insights and benefits of participation at the conference with the campus community. The report should describe how the experience has influenced the recipient’s teaching practices, philosophy, and/or perspectives and the most important insights that would be of value to others.
These must be completed within 30 days of conference travel return to receive reimbursement.
- For travel that will be completed between July 1 and December 30, apply by June 15.
- For travel that will be completed between January 1 and June 30, apply by December 15.
An ad hoc committee will consider the following characteristics of the application:
- Scope of the conference (e.g., international, national, regional, local);
- Extent to which the conference emphasizes university teaching and learning;
- Extent of applicant’s involvement in the conference (e.g., multiple presentations or activities).
All Iowa State University faculty members and staff members with teaching appointments who are employed at Iowa State during the period of the funding award and the conference are eligible to apply and receive funding with the following conditions:
- Only one member of a multi-authored presentation attending the same conference may apply for funding.
- Applicants can receive funding once per every two years to allow for greater participation.
- Preference will be given to first time applicants.
- Preference will be given to faculty and staff who received a CELT funded scholarship of a teaching and learning (SoTL) grant.
To begin the process fill out the CELT Presenter Grant Application Qualtrics web link.
Grantees Only (After Travel)
- Final Phase: Report Submission: Upload your final report to the CELT Presenter Grantee (Final Phase: Report) web link.