The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) hosts the CELT Teaching Symposium to discuss effective teaching practices and student support resources available at Iowa State. We encourage all new faculty, staff with a teaching role, and graduate teaching assistants to attend as they prepare for a successful first semester of teaching.
- To identify the policies, practices, and resources for effective teaching and learning at Iowa State University.
- To explore student support resources and services available at Iowa State University through student-centered scenarios.
- To discuss the CELT services, support, and development opportunities available to educators at Iowa State University.
Our cohorts use student-centered scenarios to discuss topics focusing on application rather than theory. Topics include academic integrity, classroom management, supporting students, encouraging attendance, and more. Working in small groups, we engage with each one of the scenarios by responding to them, reaching a consensus, and sharing a choice of action. The information will inform you and your team to apply these learned skills to teaching at Iowa State University. Since there are no consequences for mistakes, you and your colleagues will be able to understand the various challenges/successes our students face while discovering the resources available to them. Our campus partners from the Division of Student Affairs often join our discussion to provide additional insight.
Save the Date: August 15, 2023
- The Symposium will be held on Tuesday, August 15 (8 a.m.-12 p.m.).
- Traditionally, the faculty and staff cohort and the teaching assistant (TA) cohort meet separately.
- Registration and agendas will be available before May 1, 2023.
Please contact us at 515-294-535 or email email@example.com.