August 15 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) Alliant Energy – Lee Liu Auditorium – 1140 Howe Hall
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) hosts the CELT Teaching Symposium to discuss effective teaching practices and student support resources available at Iowa State. We encourage all new faculty and staff with a teaching role to attend as they prepare for a successful first semester of teaching.
- Identify the practices and resources for effective teaching and learning.
- Explore student support resources and services available.
- Discuss the CELT services, support, and development opportunities for educators.
Schedule of Events
8-11 a.m. OPEN TO ALL || **RSVP to Attend**
- 8 – 8:30 a.m. = Coffee and Networking
- 8:30 – 10 a.m. = National Speaker Dr. Todd Zakrajsek, “The Power of Connections”
- 10:10 – 11 a.m. = Presentation and Panel: The ISU Student and Successful Student Engagement
- Presentation: Sharron Evans, Dean of Students
- Panelists include: Sharron Evans, Dean of Students; Andrea Wheeler, Faculty Member, Student Success Champion; Christine Denison, CELT Faculty Affiliate; and Moderator: Todd Zakrajsek, National Speaker
11-12:30 p.m. NEW FACULTY ONLY
Note: New Faculty will receive a personalized email to register for the full symposium, including a reserved seat for Dr. Todd Zakrajsek. If you have not received the invitation, please email us at email@example.com.
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. = Developing an Effective Syllabus, Laura Bestler
- 11:30 a.m. – Noon = A Panel with ISU Morrill Professors: 10 things I have learned or wish I would have known on Day 1. Panelists: Steve Butler, Math, LAS; Lee Burras, Agronomy, CALS; Amanda Fales-Williams, V MED; Sara Marcketti, CHS and CELT and Moderator: Paul Hengesteg
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. = Lunch with Morrill Professors
- 12:30 – 2 p.m. (Optional) Canvas Help with CELT Instructional Designers
Please get in touch with us at 515-294-5357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.TEACHING ASSISTANTS (TA): TA training/orientation is now coordinated through the Graduate College. Questions? Please email email@example.com.