Each semester, Canvas courses are concluded. This does not remove student work or data but simply puts them into an archived state. See Course Conclusion in Canvas for more information, including how to:
- Prevent a course from concluding (necessary for courses that extend beyond the normal term dates).
- Give students read-only access until a course is concluded.
- Prevent student access entirely from a concluded course.
- Allow students to interact with a course beyond the semester.
- Reactivate a user (or yourself) within a concluded course (necessary for students working to resolve an incomplete).
- Reactivate all users or un-conclude a course.
- Temporarily add a new user.
- View grades for concluded students (re-enables student grades in the gradebook; useful during grade disputes).