Online Team-Based Learning (TBL) Workshop Series
Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28 (2:15-4:15 p.m., Register to attend all four sessions via this Zoom form)
Meghan Gillette, Associate Professor of Teaching (HDFS) and CELT Faculty Affiliate, will provide a virtual Online TBL Workshop Series. This workshop is for instructors (and those who support them) who already utilize Team Based Learning in their face-to-face classes and are interested in guidance for how to move the face-to-face TBL classroom online.
- By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- make conceptual decisions about how the course will be delivered, the flow of activities, etc.
- make critical decisions about their course (i.e. how to provide feedback, how to deliver mini-lectures, attendance policies, etc.)
- set up an iRAT, tRAT, and application exercise in Canvas
- explore best practices to avoid novice mistakes and stay in compliance with online teaching guidelines
- feel empowered to use technology (including Canvas and other tools within it) to support their pedagogy
Team-Based Learning Teaching and Learning Community
Upcoming TBL TLC webinars:
- Oct. 23 (2:15-3:45 p.m., register to attend via Zoom form)
- Nov. 19 (2-3:30 p.m., register to attend via Zoom form)
We work as teams to optimize application exercises, readiness assurance tests, peer evaluation, and other aspects of course design, and also invite speakers to facilitate discussions of TBL theory, research and classroom application.
Facilitator: Michael Dorneich, Associate Professor, Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering.