The 2020 CELT Teaching Technology Conference will be held on Friday, October 23 from 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m. The event is a a purposeful gathering of Iowa State University’s educators who teach with passion, knowledge, and technology!
The CELT Teaching Technology Conference aims to inspire and recharge instructors from various departments and disciplines by offering them the time, place, and opportunity to share their Canvas teaching adventures and learn about other instructional tools and resources for creating exceptional educational experiences.
View 2019 CETL Teaching Technology program with the presentation links:https://canvas.iastate.edu/courses/75/pages/celt–inaugural–teaching–technology–2019–conference
View the 2019 CETL Teaching Technology program with the presentation links.
Attendees will spend the day engaged in informative instructor-led presentations showcasing Canvas courses, practical lightning talks focusing on new tools and best practices, and a useful panel discussion on how open educational resources can be implemented in Canvas. Join us for the day and network with your peers, instructional support and CELT staff and leave the event with new ideas and opportunities you can implement in your courses and share with your departments. We ask that attendees commit to spending the entire day at the conference.
- Summarize Canvas updates and developments.
- Identify useful teaching and learning tools and resources at ISU.
- Network with colleagues and instructional support personnel.
- Using conference highlights, make a plan for improving their own instruction.
- Communicate the Canvas updates, developments and conference highlights to the individuals in their department and disciplines.
Eligibility: All faculty members (tenured, tenure-track, or term), and staff with a teaching role who have a genuine interest in teaching, learning, and digital pedagogy. We can only accommodate up to 40 people and ask that attendees commit to spending the entire day at the conference.
webpage:Submit a proposal!Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is accepting presentation proposals for our Second Annual Teaching Technology Conference to take place on Friday, October 23, 2020 in the state–of–the–art Economic Development Core Facility at the ISU Research Park, approximately 3.4 miles south of the main campus. The conference is a place for ISU’s instructors to become re–charged and inspired about all things teaching with technology. Please join us and showcase how you use technologies in your face–to–face, blended and online instruction.We are seeking quality proposals which are based on evidence–based practices and/or innovative approaches to face–to–face, blended and online teaching and learning with technology, and specifically around:
Submit a proposal!
- Engagement strategies
- Course design and development
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in teaching and learning
- Emerging techniques and technologies
- 35-min instructor-led informational session/presentation.
- 15-min lightning talk to discuss a teaching issue and a solution around it. This could be a clever Canvas hack that saved your grading, a description of an engaging capstone project, and/or anything that amounts to a quick piece of advice that worked for your teaching and learning context.
- 45-min interactive, hands-on exploratory session with activities, tools, group learning exercises or other techniques to engage and involve participants.
It is desirable that your proposal features the following aspects:
- Practical methods and techniques that others at ISU can use and apply
- Clear learning goals and key takeaways
- Relevance to the field of face-to-face, blended and online learning
- Evidence of successful outcomes or lessons learned