Cisco Webex Training offers an exceptionally rich and interactive experience. It’s easy to use and includes unlimited online sessions, integrated audio, content sharing, and the ability to record webinars.
Install the Cisco Webex Productivity Tools
Join a Training Session
There is more than one way to join a training session. If you are having difficulties joining a training session, you can troubleshoot the issues that you are facing.
For more information, see Cisco Webex Troubleshooting.
If you are unable to make it to your CELT program, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask if a recording is going to be available at a later date.
Overview of the Webex Training email invitation
- If you registered for a Webex Training – the email will from email@example.com (check your junk/spam folder).
- The confirmation email includes general information about the Webex training, how-to join, joining by phone, adding the session to your calendar, and how-to-cancel your enrollment in a session (view the Webex Confirmation email screenshot below below).
Joining the Webex Training via email invitation
- Select the join link in your email invitation.
- Enter your name, email address, and password, if prompted, and select Join. You can also select the Join by browser link to join using the Cisco Webex web app.
Overview of the Inactive Join Session Now
- Join Session now is inactive because the event is not in progress
- Information about the Webex Web app
- Password and session number along with General information about the training
- Ability to Cancel before the webinar (bottom of screen)
- Ability to Add the Webex Training webinar to your calendar
(view the Webex Training Pre-Webinar for Attendees screenshot below)
Active Join Session Now
The Join Session Now section of the dashboard will show the registration ID along with a password. To join the session, click the Join Now button.
Follow prompts to download any necessary software for Webex
- Sign in to ISU’s Webex Dashboard (https://iastate.webex.com/) or through ISU Okta Dashboard (https://login.iastate.edu/)
- Join an active Webex Training via unlisted sessions using a session number/password or joining a pre-registered/invited session (see steps below).
- Then, follow the prompts.
Entering the Session Number and Password
- Go to Webex Training (left menu)
- On this page, Join the Unlisted Training Session, enter the 9-digit session number in the text box, enter the password provided in the email invitation, and select Join Now (view Join an Unlisted Training Session image below).
Registered or Invited
Connect to Webex Audio
Cisco Webex Training provides the flexibility to connect audio in multiple ways when audio conferencing is enabled. To find out more, see Tips and Tricks for Using Audio With Cisco Webex.
If you need additional assistance use Webex Help guide on Audio.
After you join the training session, select one of the following Audio Conference choices:
- Call in to the session: Dial the phone number shown on your screen.
- When prompted, use your phone keypad to enter the access code, and the Attendee ID shown on your screen.
Choose this option to connect to audio using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
- Click on Use Computer for Audio
- Click the “Call Using Computer” button
- Click “OK” to allow Cisco Webex Training to access the microphone.
- To adjust your speaker and microphone settings, go to Audio > Speaker/Microphone Audio Test in the menu bar.
- You should be ready to participate in the Webex Training and the pop-up window should close automatically – if not, use the “X.”
Having audio problems? Call: US Toll:+1-415-655-0001 and enter your session Access code: XXX XXX XXXX
- If the Host has muted you, then you cannot unmute yourself.
- If the Host has given you access, you can mute or unmute yourself at any time, select the microphone icon. (Note: A unique feature in Webex Training is that the host has the ability to mute on entry, mute all or unmute all attendees).