The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) works with the unit leaders to schedule Inclusive Classroom AY21-22 Training. The AY21-22 Training focuses on “Our Students: Creating a sense of belonging.”
Upon scheduling the AY21-22 training, CELT will post the logistics on the AY21-22 Training Schedule for Departments page.
For additional information about the Inclusive Classroom training, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Each department/unit will:
- Share at least three scheduling options for days/times to host the training.
- Choose the facilitated training mode of delivery: online via Zoom synchronous session or face-to-face in a physical location on campus. (Hybrid sessions will not occur. Faculty who cannot attend the departments’ scheduled training will need to identify a different one to participate in from the AY21-22 training schedule for the departments’ page).
- Reserve a physical location large enough to host their unit if the training mode is face-to-face.
- Communicate with their faculty about the meeting logistics (e.g., face-to-face location or Zoom meeting link) via an Outlook calendar invitation.
- Select a departmental facilitator who will assist and create synergy at the local level throughout the inclusive classroom annual training; see the departmental facilitator’s responsibilities and frequently asked questions page. Or, to see who served in this role previously, view the AY20-21 departmental facilitator listing.
- Upload an Excel file (.xlsx or .csv) with your unit’s participant IASTATE emails in the Qualtrics form. CELT intends to enroll the participants into Inclusive Classroom pre-workshop learning modules beginning after August 2, 2021. If you do not have the list available today, please email it to email@example.com as soon as you are able. CELT can then enroll your department at least 14-days before your training. You may add additional participants up to the day of the program, although they may not have the time to complete them.
- Track the participation of faculty and instructional staff attending your unit’s training.
- Record the Inclusive Classroom progress in departmental annual unit report.
- Contact the unit within 7-days upon receiving the request to schedule the best day and time to host the training.
- If the unit selects online training, CELT will create a Zoom link to be shared with faculty.
- Enroll participants into the Inclusive Classroom pre-workshop learning modules beginning after July 31, 2021. CELT will enroll participants at least 14-days before the unit training.
- Email course invitation to the faculty with access information and instruction for engaging in the modules.
- Host pre-and post-workshop meetings for the departmental facilitators to consult with CELT. We will reach out to the facilitators by late July.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve CELT’s Inclusive Classroom resources.
- Facilitate the annual program to each unit (department/program/school).
- Conduct a post-evaluation to ensure the training met the objectives.
- Provide continuous inclusive classroom professional opportunities for the campus to engage in to extend their learning.
Scheduling and Contact Information
- Use this Inclusive Classroom Training (AY21-22) Scheduling Form or click on the button below to schedule your department.
- To request reasonable accommodations to participate in the Inclusive Classroom Training (AY21-22) or if you have questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-5357.