AY 2021-22 Inclusive Classroom Annual Training focuses on “Our Students: Creating a sense of belonging.”
Departmental facilitators for AY21-22 will assist and create synergy at the local level throughout the inclusive classroom annual training.
Facilitator responsibilities are listed below. To see who served as a departmental facilitator previously, view the departmental facilitator AY20-21 listing.
Departmental facilitators will receive a certificate of merit and a $500 professional development stipend from the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost (SVPP) upon completion of the following:
- Assist the Inclusive Classroom annual training.
- Attend at least two supplementary CELT Inclusive Classroom-related programs
- Participate in feedback gathering and complete a self-reflection about your departmental facilitator experience
- Attend pre-and post-workshop information session
By early August 2021, CELT will provide further instructions and information on each of these points above. We anticipate these activities will take approximately 5-10 hours of time.
Assist the Inclusive Classroom annual training
Before the online synchronous/face-to-face program:
- CELT will send a set of student-centered scenarios for the facilitator and/or department chair to select for use during the training.
- Promote the importance of the Inclusive Classroom pre-workshop modules in Canvas to the faculty and how it informs their teaching. Faculty will be enrolled at least 2-3 weeks before the synchronous/face-to-face program. Find additional information on the Training Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Remind your faculty of the day/time and logistics at least two times (one week and the day before) before the synchronous program.
During the online synchronous/face-to-face program:
- Engage and actively participate along with your colleagues in the synchronous program.
After the online synchronous/face-to-face program:
- Promote next steps to continue the Inclusive Classroom work at monthly unit meetings and periodic communications to their departmental colleagues.
Attend at least two supplementary CELT Inclusive Classroom-related programs
CELT Inclusive Classroom-related programming is open to all faculty, staff, and students interested in teaching inclusively. To see the topics and register, visit the inclusive classroom programs.
Participate in feedback gathering and complete a self-reflection
Participate in feedback gathering and submit a self-reflection to record your work, challenges, and opportunities about your departmental facilitator experience.
Pre-and Post-workshop Information Sessions
These meetings allow departmental facilitators to engage with the training before and after the facilitated program.
Pre-workshop information session: The agenda includes a brief program overview, ways to remind faculty of the modules/training, and discussion. Attend one of the pre-workshop sessions, scheduled for the first Monday of each month from 3:10-4 p.m.
- August 2
- September 13 (because the 6th is Labor Day)
- October 4
- November 1
Post-workshop information session: The agenda includes a reflection, next steps, and discussion. Attend one of the post-workshop sessions, scheduled for the last Monday of each month from 3:10-4 p.m.
- August 30
- September 27
- October 25
- November 29
Where can I direct my colleagues if they have questions?
Feel free to connect them to our Training Frequently Asked Questions page. This resource is where you can explore answers to questions such as, “I am unable to attend my department’s face-to-face/synchronous program, are there other options?” “Who has to participate in the training?” and more!
For additional information and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.