Are you using Canvas for the first time?
There are a few checks you will want to perform to ensure successful participation in your course(s):
- What are Canvas’s technical requirements? Visit the What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? web guide.
- Which browser should I use for Canvas? Visit the Which browsers does Canvas support? web guide.
Table of Contents
Accessing Canvas at ISU
Step One: Login credentials
You will need to have your ISU Net-ID and password to log into Canvas. If you do not, please visit the IT Accounts and Passwords website or contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000.
Step Two: Choose how to interact with Canvas
There are three options for finding the Canvas login page:
- Option one: Open a web browser, type the Canvas web address directly into the browser’s address bar. The Canvas web address is http://canvas.iastate.edu
- Option two: Open a web browser, navigate to the Iowa State University homepage, locate the “Sign Ons” link found on the upper right corner (above the search box), and then select “Canvas” from the menu
- Option three: Use the Mobile Canvas App on your mobile device:
Step Three: Logging into Canvas
Use your Net-ID and password to login to Canvas. Once logged in, you should see your Canvas Dashboard. If you have an issue logging in, contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000.
Locate a Course in Canvas
- To see if you already have access to a course, log in to Canvas.
- If the course doesn’t appear in your Dashboard – check if your class is on the list in Courses > All Courses. Steps: Locate the Courses icon on the Global Navigation Menu (far left of your screen); then, ensure to mark it as a favorite in All Courses.
- Access the course by clicking on the course tile
- Unable to see the course(s)?
- If you still cannot locate the course, contact the ISU Solution Center.