Providing teaching observations and consultations has been a staple of the administrative leadership of CELT since its inception. CELT faculty and staff asked to observe and provide consultations follow these principles:
- The primary goal is enhancement of teaching and learning. Specific instructor goals can range from improving end-of-teaching student ratings to documenting teaching innovations. CELT focuses on the enhancement of the teaching and learning process.
- Formative consultations. The process is consultative, not evaluative.
- Instructor-driven. Even if encouraged by their department chair or dean, the instructor must be committed to the formative teaching observation process for maximum impact.
- Individualized. The consultation and observation process is individualized to each instructor. Some instructors may desire just one observation and follow up consultations. Others develop a more frequent process for observation, consultation, and documentation.
- Confidentiality. Discussions and documentation of the observation process remains the property of the instructor.
If you wish to have a teaching observation and consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.