It’s almost been a year since Iowa State University transitioned to remote work and online learning. For most of us, this time has been fraught with uncertainty and stress. While doing one more thing is the last thing any of us need, recognizing our stress and that of our students can be a beneficial starting point to feeling less stressed.
- Consider one of these simple techniques for centering yourself (I like the five senses exercise).
- This spring, we collaborate with campus partners to showcase how to incorporate mindfulness into your own life and build community and connection with your students and attend a program from CELT’s Mindful and Contemplative Pedagogy series.
- Find various resources to benefit you and your students on CELT’s Mindful and Contemplative Pedagogy page.
- Take a look at the ISU WellBeing website. They offer Tuesday and Thursdays Mid-morning mindfulness and Well-Being Wednesdays.
- Direct your students to a multitude of mindfulness resources from the Student Wellness website. If you are an instructor, you might especially be interested in the Supporting Student Wellbeing Toolkit page.
Full Teaching Tip
Prefer a Print version?
To view the Teaching Tip as a printable document with web addresses, download the CELT Teaching Tip for February 25, 2021 (PDF).