In this 20-minute session, you’ll come away with expert strategies from Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D., Professor Emerita, Penn State University, The Teaching Professor a world-renowned teaching and learning specialist that will move students toward becoming effective learners with integrity, allowing them to pursue understanding, learn from failures, and continue learning for life.
- Preventing cheating.
- Promoting academic integrity – with in-class discussions (in-person and synchronous), online exchanges, and comment to students individually and in small groups.
- Talk about those who enable cheating.
- Focus on how cheating hurts those who don’t.
- Focus on how what happens in a course is a shared responsibility.
- Explain the role of academic integrity within the academy.
- Promote academic integrity by example – show students what it looks like when a professional has it and does it.
How to access the video in 20-Minute Mentor Commons
- Follow the steps to log into 20-Minute Mentor Commons (CELT provides an institutional membership)
- Once you are on the dashboard, locate the search bar.
- Enter the title, “How can promoting academic integrity improve learning outcomes for students?” and click Search.
- Watch the video, download notes, and more.