Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Innovation is offering a massive open online course (MOOC) for educators, Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom, that guides instructors in exploring frameworks and strategies for building and sustaining inclusive learning environments. The course runs from October 1 – 31, 2020 on edX.org.
U.S.-based and higher-education-centered, the five-week course is for anyone with teaching responsibilities and any level of diversity expertise. Registration for the course is open now.
The course features:
- compelling voices and stories from students and faculty
- opportunities to reflect on social identity, both your own and students’
- an introduction to key research on inclusion and student-centered learning
- an emphasis on assessing your own course design through the lens of inclusion
- a learning community guide to help form a cohort at your institution.
The course is free to attend, or there is an option to earn a certificate (for a $99 fee).
Please share this announcement with those who you think might be interested in participating a unique online learning experience with a global community of learners interested in learning more about U.S. higher education, diversity, inclusion, and teaching and learning.
Please contact the Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Innovation with questions.