CELT’s Choose Your Instructional Tool Adventure focuses on various instructional strategies found on the CELT website and demonstrates practical ways to incorporate these tools in a Canvas course. Instructional support staff from across campus will facilitate each 30-minute byte. These 30-minutes builds on concepts covered on the CELT instructional strategies pages.
30-minute teaching topics held on the following days (3-3:30 p.m.)
Registration information is found on each event ISU calendar entry below:
- Aug. 11: Web conferencing: keeping it all organized (Webex, Zoom, and MS Teams), See the web conferencing page
- Aug. 13: Effective virtual student/office hours (Scheduling w/ Webex, sync/async, live chat), See the Virtual Student (Office) Hours page
- Identify tools to help instructors manage a blended or online classroom.
- Align tool usage to course objectives.
- Implement inclusive pedagogical components into a course (e.g., inclusive examples, accessibility, and Universal Design for Learning principles).
- Locate ISU’s teaching and learning support resources.
Individual Workshop Objectives
- Access CELT web resources specific to online teaching and learning.
- Identify the most appropriate tool to implement a strategy in their course.
- Create sample content using the tool.
- Locate proper support for the selected tool.
- Jun. 18: Communication (Email vs ….) (Canvas, MS Teams, Webex, Piazza, Live Chat), See the Communications instructional strategies page
- Jun. 25: Study tools (Quizlet, StudyMate, H5P), See the Study Tools on the Instructional Tools page
- Jul. 2: Engagement (Top Hat, Webex, Echo 360), See the Engaging Students Online page
- Jul. 9: Collaboration (Canvas groups, CyBox, G Suite, MS Teams), See the Collaboration Tools instructional strategies page
- Jul. 16: Discussions (Canvas discussions, Piazza, VoiceThread, Top Hat), See the Discussions instructional strategies page
- Jul. 23: Grading tricks & tips (Rubrics, using a tablet, interactive feedback, Canvas Mastery Paths), See the Interactive Feedback and Grading instructional strategies page
- July 28: Web conferencing: polling and breakout rooms (Webex, Zoom, and MS Teams), See the web conferencing page
- July 30: Peer review, (Canvas assignments, groups, peer review), See the Peer Assessment page
- Aug. 4: Web conferencing: sharing content (Webex, Zoom and MS Teams), See the web conferencing page
- Aug. 6: Using video for content, presentations, & performances (Studio, Webex, Zoom), See the Video Creation instructional strategies page