Autumn Caragena, Liberal Arts & Sci Student Enrollment, Advising and Career Services

When I had originally received the email about the #CyThx campaign happening on campus, I sort of used it as a tool to reflect upon who I could credit into being a key influential factor into helping me smoothly transition to Iowa State from being at home. I immediately thought of Autumn because she has inspired me not only as a student, but also as a person. She is the most humble and selfless person and literally has done so much more than what is listed on the contract for her to do. She is understanding and patient, and for that, I am truly grateful. I feel like without her, I wouldn’t be staying at Iowa State next semester and she opened my eyes to opportunities I wouldn’t have otherwise thought of. Additionally, I think that she is one of the greatest academic advisors you could have as a freshman open option student – she is very knowledgeable in what she’s doing. I would like to make sure she knows that her imprint reaches far beyond academics and I would like to thank her for the impact she has made on my first semester in college. I am a better person for having been her student and advisee.