CELT is offering open lab sessions for faculty, staff and teaching/graduate assistants to drop in and get support related to quality course design, and effective teaching practices in Canvas. Bring your work, and your laptop (this is a must). Open labs are planned for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday in August – November 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Rotunda of Parks Library (near 281 Parks Library). Note: Open Labs will not be held on September 5 and 6 due to Canvas training. Download CELT’s Open Labs flyer (PDF).
Canvas-led Faculty and Staff Training
Erin Wasson, Canvas Trainer will facilitate multiple 90-minute training sessions on the topics below. Download the Canvas-led Faculty & Staff Training flyer (PDF).
Tuesday, September 5 (Face-to-Face in 206 Durham with a Live webcast in 253 Durham)
- Modules & File Management (8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- Communication & Collaboration (10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Assignments & Discussions, Sept. 5 (1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Grading & Assessment, Sept. 5 (3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, September 6 (Face-to-Face in 206 Durham with a Live webcast in 116 Durham)
- Assignments & Discussions, (8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- Grading & Assessment (10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Quizzes & Question Banks (1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Modules & File Management (3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Prerequisites for Attendees
Attendees are encouraged to watch the two Welcome to Canvas video recordings (First Look and Course Basics) as prerequisites for Open Lab Sessions and Canvas training to provide a baseline of content knowledge in the platform.
How to Register
Register for the Canvas Training events via CELT’s catalog on Learn@ISU. If you are unable to attend these programs there will be recordings made available through the MyCanvas: Training and Resources website following the event.