CELT Seeks Applicants for the Associate Director for Online Learning

The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) at Iowa State seeks qualified applications for an Associate Director for Online Learning. The Associate Director will hold the faculty rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. This appointment will be split with 75% of the incumbent’s time spent on the Associate Director role. The remaining 25% will be allocated to responsibilities in the faculty member’s academic department home (the department with the closest disciplinary fit of the faculty member). For those candidates considered for the rank of Associate Professor or Professor with tenure, tenure would reside in the academic department.

The incumbent will provide leadership in faculty development to enhance exceptional online learning experiences. Specific duties will include plan, coordinate, and collaborate on faculty development programming for online learning and teaching. Collaborate on university wide online teaching and learning initiatives. Consult with faculty on an individual and confidential basis. Assist CELT Director and staff in building partnerships that promote excellence in all teaching and learning. Serve on assigned task forces and university committees. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.

The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate will work collaboratively with the CELT Director to prioritize complex projects and multiple deadlines. The candidate will possess strong leadership and teamwork skills along with the ability to organize and direct professional development as it relates to teaching and learning.