Learning technologies continue to change rapidly. These tools have a high potential for supporting student learning in creative and innovative ways when properly aligned with the instructor’s learning objectives and course content. There are a number of departments that are able to help support you including the following quick links below:
CELT can assist faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants with the appropriate and effective use of technology-enhanced and innovative approaches to teaching and learning in today’s online environment. We support faculty initiatives in all areas of online and blended learning, including new online course development, blended/hybrid courses, and innovative course designs and teaching methods, all aimed toward enhanced quality of instruction, increased reach and accessibility.
Whether you need self-paced learning that you can take from your computer or mobile device anytime, anywhere, or if you prefer face-to-face, our consultations and walk-in support can help you enhance your teaching. CELT staff offers a range of expertise that supports the multiple forms of online learning and include:
- Instructional design resources including integrating Quality Matters and Universal Design for Learning
- Support for use and implementation of appropriate learning technologies
- Technology-enhanced approaches to teaching and learning
- Innovative solutions for student engagement, learning, and achievement
- Development of online and blended courses for campus and distance learning
- Assessment and continuous improvement of instruction
- Instructional Support for Canvas, visit the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website
- Instructional Support for Top Hat, Audience Response Technology
- ISU Lightboard Studio
To arrange an appointment or consultation, call CELT at 515-294-5357 or email email@example.com
Support for Canvas
Canvas offers 24/7 support options listed in the ? Help icon on the Global Navigation to the far left:
- Canvas Support Line (Call 515-294-4000 then press 2, press 1)
- Live Chat with Canvas Support
- A web-based Report a Problem Form
- Visit the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website
This website is intended as a hub for information on resources and training related to digital access (popularly known as web accessibility) at Iowa State.
Information Technology provides support for many services on campus including accounts and passwords, critical events and outages, labs and spaces, software licensing and training, email, security and policies, network and communications, classroom technology and equipment checkout, classroom capture, and videoconferencing.
Teaching and class support in the Library advances information literacy for Iowa State University students with Library 160, a required 1 credit course covering basic information literacy and research skills, and supports faculty with LibGuides, including course-related instruction guides, general research guides, information literacy guides. Contact your subject librarian for more information or view the Library Teaching & Class Support webpage.
Many of Iowa State University’s colleges have technical and instructional technology support teams just waiting to help you!
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
College of Business
College of Design
College of Human Sciences
- Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching
- College of Human Sciences IT Services
- Office of Distance Education and Educational Technology