The CELT Online Learning Innovation Hub assists faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants with the appropriate and effective use of technology in their teaching. Whether you need self-paced learning that you can take from your computer or mobile device anytime, anywhere, or if you prefer face-to-face, our consultations and walk-in support can help you enhance your teaching. CELT staff provides:
- Instructional design resources including integrating Quality Matters and Universal Design for Learning
- Support for use and implementation of appropriate learning technologies
- Innovative solutions for student engagement, learning, and achievement
- Development of online and blended courses for campus and distance learning
- Assessment and continuous improvement of instruction
- Instructional Support for Canvas, visit the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website
- Instructional Support for Top Hat, Audience Response Technology
- ISU Lightboard Studio
To arrange an appointment or consultation, call CELT at 515-294-5357 or email email@example.com
Canvas Open Labs
Drop in and get support related to quality course design, and effective teaching practices in Canvas. Bring your work, and your laptop (this is a must). Open labs are planned for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday in August – November 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Rotunda of Parks Library (near 281 Parks Library). Additional Training and Resources may be found by visiting the MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website
Support for Canvas
Canvas offers 24/7 support options listed in the
- Canvas Support Line (Call 515-294-4000 then press 2, press 1)
- Live Chat with Canvas Support
- A web-based Report a Problem Form
- MyCanvas Teacher at ISU website isit the
Call (515) 294-4000 to speak directly with a Solution Center technical support agent. For assistance outside Solution Center hours, complete this online help request form and a Solution Center agent will respond to your request.
This website is intended as a hub for information on resources and training related to digital access (popularly known as web accessibility) at Iowa State.
ComETS is an Iowa State University community that promotes dialog and events focused on technology in learning & teaching. ComETS is a university-wide community where ideas and resources can be shared, and debate can occur on future technology directions at ISU. ComETS is open to all interested ISU faculty and staff.
Information Technology provides support for many services on campus including accounts and passwords, critical events and outages, labs and spaces, software licensing and training, email, security and policies, network and communications, classroom technology and equipment checkout, classroom capture, and videoconferencing.
The Library Instruction Program advances information literacy for Iowa State University students with Library 160, a required 1 credit course covering basic information literacy and research skills, and supports faculty with LibGuides, including course-related instruction guides, general research guides, information literacy guides. Contact your subject librarian for more information.
Many of Iowa State University’s colleges have technical and instructional technology support teams just waiting to help you!