Best Practices in Fostering Student Engagement
July 10-11, 2017 (Monday & Tuesday)
DMACC Ankeny Campus, FFA Enrichment Center
2006 S. Ankeny Blvd., Ankeny, Iowa
Conference Mission Statement:
This conference aims to improve educational practices of Iowa teaching faculty in higher education institutions by sharing and advancing the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Provide a central location for advancing knowledge in teaching and learning by sharing resources and engaging in scholarship activities related to teaching and learning.
- Dialogue and network with Iowa colleges in order to advance the scholarship and practice of teaching and learning in higher education.
- DMACC faculty/concurrent -free
- Regular attendee $75 both days (3 meals)
- Presenter: free
- Adjunct attendee and/or graduate student: $65 both days (3 meals)
- Registration Information (Registration is not yet open)
For additional information visit the Annual Statewide Teaching and Learning Conference and DMACC Summer Institute website
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Best Practices in Assessment of teaching and learning
- Best Practices in Academic administration and/or adjunct perspectives
- Best Practices in Classroom activities or projects that work for various learning styles
- Best Practices in in Classroom activities or projects that work for vocational programs
- Best Practices in Flipped classrooms and team based learning
- Best Practices in Online teaching and learning
- Best Practices in Research of teaching and learning
- Best Practices in Service learning and project based learning
- Practice session and/or panel discussion: Sharing and discussing best practices in higher education teaching and learning, while allowing for interaction with and among session participants.
- Research session: Designed to inform participants of the design, implementation, and results of empirical research focused on teaching and learning in higher education.
- Poster session: Allow for the discussion of scholarly research and/or practice addressing higher education pedagogy with conference participants.
- Conversational session: Designed to inform participants of the various topics on teaching and learning in higher education and open up the discussion for the audience.
To submit your proposal use the Submit Proposal web form.
Proposal Submission Deadline:
March 20, 2017
Please contact Dr. Anna Conway,
Director of Teaching & Learning