As QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning.
In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement. The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
This workshop is recommended for those looking to understand the QM Rubric, the course review process, as well as, potentially becoming a QM-Certified Peer Reviewer, learn more from the Higher Ed Peer Reviewer Course website.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses
Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected
- QM Rubric Standards
- Apply the concept of alignment
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course
Additionally, you may register (with a fee paid by yourself/department) for the online offering, read more on QM’s Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) webpage. There is a discount because ISU is a member of Quality Matters.
If you have questions or are interested in providing this workshop for your department or college, email email@example.com or call 515-294-5357.