Faculty Career Development for Postdocs at ISU
A Partnership of Departments
To help expand career preparation for postdoctoral fellows, the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) has teamed with the Graduate College, SP@ISU, and the Postdoctoral Association to offer additional opportunities for mentoring. CELT would like to extend an invitation for postdoctoral associates to participate in the center’s Preparing Future Faculty and all general CELT programming.
What are the benefits of participating in Preparing Future Faculty?
- Vita, cover letter, and job interview guidance
- Networking opportunities
- Seminars on helpful topics such as
- Finding your fit in academia
- Creating materials for teaching
- Work-family balance
- Proposal differences between government and private funding
- Presenting professional papers
- Academic technologies
- Career management
Additional opportunities for those desiring them include
- Teaching opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Enhanced professional credentials
Note: Postdoctoral participants are expected to attend all PFF courses and complete all PFF homework.
- For details, Preparing Future Faculty Information for Participants.
- To apply, Preparing Future Faculty Information for Applicants.
For NSF Grant-writing professors:
There are several programs at Iowa State University which can be used to customize NSF grant postdoctoral mentoring plans. NSF terminology is inserted in this list of opportunities provided by CELT to help you craft your postdoctoral mentoring plan. Including your postdoctoral mentoring program in your broader impacts statements is a good idea because this mentoring creates stronger future faculty, who will in turn shape the future of the discipline.
Contact, Karen Bovenmyer, Program Coordinator, 3024 Morrill Hall, (515) 294-4065, firstname.lastname@example.org