This 3-part workshop series will take place Wednesday, June 22 – Friday, June 24 from 1:10 – 4:00 p.m., 198 Parks Library
Team-Based Learning (TBL) is an increasingly popular form of flipped-classroom small-group learning that can be implemented effectively in small or large classes. TBL provides students with a more intimate, small class feel even in large theater-style classrooms with fixed seats. TBL teachers report high levels of student attendance, preparation, participation and critical thinking. TBL enhances long-term retention and learning by making use of individual and team preparation and assessment processes, significant in-class problem-based team learning activities, and peer teaching/coaching. TBL students share that they are enjoying the experience and are more motivated to be actively engaged with the course content. In addition, collaboration in teams provides students with valuable experience that is reflective of problem-solving in real-life workplace environments. By participating in this inaugural 3-day workshop series faculty will:
- Become familiar with TBL, and the four components of TBL (permanent teams, readiness assurance, application activities, and anonymous peer evaluation).
- Explore strategies on how to implement the TBL approach into your course.
- Discover the services, resources and development opportunities coordinated by CELT including an active and vibrant group of faculty and graduate students involved in TBL.
Register is closed for the summer series.
Facilitator: Holly Bender, CELT Associate Director.
Learn more about Team-Based Learning by visiting CELT’s Team-Based Learning website.
Additional Summer Faculty Development Opportunities:
Meets on the following Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 2030 Morrill Hall
- June 7: What is a Flipped Classroom?
- June 14: How to integrate flipped classroom?
- June 21: Flipped Classroom Design
- June 28: What is next step for flipped classroom?
This 4-part workshop series offers an opportunity to learn more about the flipped classroom and how to incorporate this approach into a course. Learn more about Flipped Classrooms by visiting the CELT Blended Learning and the Flipped Classroom website. Register by visiting Learn@ISU website.
If you are unable to attend the Summer Series – we will be offering the TBL series for five consecutive weeks on Wednesdays for Fall 2016: September 28, October 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 1:10 – 2:30 p.m. Register by visiting Learn@ISU website.
Register by visiting Learn@ISU website.