The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is once again pleased to offer TEACH Grants for faculty development related to learning and teaching issues at the departmental level.
Transformation . . .
Enhancement . . .
Assessment . . .
Collaboration . . .
Helping . . .
Up to $2,000 each
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Faculty from any ISU academic departments (includes interdisciplinary programs)
- Assistance for one-time faculty development initiative related to the enhancement of teaching and learning at the departmental level
- Building community and encouraging discussion about teaching and learning among faculty
- This grant is primarily intended to fund faculty development opportunities within the department. NOTE: It is not meant to purchase hardware or technology materials.
The proposal should be no more that two pages in length and should include the following:
- Description of the project (e.g., faculty retreat, invited speaker, faculty seminar series, book discussions, outside facilitators, assessment training, etc.)
- Explanation of how the initiative will provide faculty development related to enhancing teaching and learning in the department
- Expected outcomes
- Description of how the proposal fits into departmental academic goals
- Number of faculty that will be involved and/or impacted
- Budget breakdown
- Contact person
- Signature of the principal investigator and Department Chair
Submit your grant request to CELT, 3024 Morrill Hall, on or before October 17, 2011. A CELT subcommittee will review the requests and select which projects will be funded. Funds received must be spent by June 30, 2012. A one-page summary of the initiative and its effectiveness must be submitted to CELT by August 15, 2012. More information
Questions? For questions, contact 294-5357 or firstname.lastname@example.org