Quick help shortcuts below:
After participating in the pre-workshop learning modules and the face-to-face program, faculty and staff will:
- Identify discipline-based and course specific improvements to foster inclusive excellence in the classroom.
- Develop an individual action plan for promoting inclusion in the classroom.
- Become familiar with the campus resources and programs that support diversity and inclusion.
Pre-workshop learning modules will be available at least one week prior to the workshop and will be instrumental to our face-to-face program; therefore, we ask that you complete the modules prior to the event. Prerequisite: This workshop is for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role). To learn more about inclusive classrooms visit CELT’s Creating an Inclusive Classroom website.
Faculty and staff (who have a teaching role) may choose to attend one of the following program offerings:
- Monday, February 5 (2:10- 5:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- Thursday, March 8 (2:10- 5:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- Friday, April 13 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- Thursday, May 10 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall) *following spring semester*
- Tuesday, June 5 (1:10 -4:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- Wednesday, July 11 (1:10 – 4:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- Friday, August 10 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall) *before fall semester*
This program will provide an opportunity for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role) to dialogue about teaching inclusively at Iowa State University. The intent of these conversations will be to help build a stronger teaching community, create collaborative partnerships, and develop effective teaching practices for meeting the diverse needs of our students. Each month we will choose a topic based on input from our teaching community. Sample topics include:
- Identity and positionality; how it affects your teaching
- Inclusive projects and study groups
- Incorporating diversity issues more deeply into the curriculum
- Working effectively with different learning styles
Choose to attend one or all the following conversations on the following Tuesdays from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. in 2030 Morrill Hall:
- January 30
- February 27
- March 27
- April 24