Quick help shortcuts below:
Faculty and staff (who have a teaching role) may choose to attend one of the following program offerings:
- July 12 (1:10 – 4:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- August 9 (1:10 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- September 13 (1:10 – 4:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- October 5 (2:10 – 5:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- November 6 (2:10 – 5:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
- November 30 (2:10 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2030 Morrill Hall)
After participating in the pre-workshop learning modules and the face-to-face program, faculty and staff will:
- Identify discipline-based and course specific improvements to foster inclusive excellence in the classroom.
- Develop an individual action plan for promoting inclusion in the classroom.
- Become familiar with the campus resources and programs that support diversity and inclusion.
Pre-workshop learning modules will be available at least one week prior to the workshop and will be instrumental to our face-to-face program; therefore, we ask that you complete the modules prior to the event. Prerequisite: This workshop is for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role). To learn more about inclusive classrooms visit CELT’s Creating an Inclusive Classroom website (http://bit.ly/celtinclusion)
Choose to attend one or all the following conversations on the following Thursdays from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. in 2030 Morrill Hall:
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 7
This program will provide an opportunity for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role) to dialogue about teaching inclusively at Iowa State University. The intent of these conversations will be to help build a stronger teaching community, create collaborative partnerships, and develop effective teaching practices for meeting the diverse needs of our students. Each month we will choose a topic based on input from our teaching community. Sample topics include:
- Identity and positionality; how it affects your teaching
- Inclusive projects and study groups
- Incorporating diversity issues more deeply into the curriculum
- Working effectively with different learning styles