- Be sure you have an ISU NetID. If you do not, please visit Passwords and Accounts.
- Login to Blackboard Learn with your ISU NetID and password and look for your course. Not all courses at Iowa State use Blackboard Learn. If you think your course is supposed to have a Blackboard Learn presence, and you don’t see it in your list of courses (after you login to Bb Learn), contact your instructor.
General Help with Blackboard
Blackboard Help: FAQs, Searchable Topics, and Step-by-step Instructions
Video Tutorials at Lynda.com
Lynda.com provides several dozen brief video clips to help students and instructors get up-to-speed in all of the most frequently used tools, features, and functions of Blackboard Learn.
To access the tutorials and files, simply login to Lynda.com with your Iowa State University NetID and password. Once you are on the Lynda.com site, look under the Software menu and select Blackboard.
Basic Troubleshooting (if Bb Learn is not working)
- Username / Password not working?
- Your Username (ISU NetID) and Password for Blackboard Learn are the same as those for your ISU email account.
- For help with Username and Password,
please visit Passwords and Accounts or contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your username begins with a "w." contact your course instructor.
- If you get an error message, check for Browser and Java Issues on your computer.
- If you are unable to access course content or activities (e.g. Tests, Discussions, Assignments, etc.), contact your Instructor.
- Check general Technology Support for Students.
- Contact the Solution Center at 294-4000 or email@example.com.
Depending upon what types of files or applets your instructor has added to your Blackboard Learn course, you may need to download a plugin, such as QuickTime, Windows Media Player, or RealPlayer in order to access course content.
Do you know…
- How to Download Files Using Internet Explorer
- How to Specify Blackboard Learn as a “Trusted Site” in Internet Explorer
- Best Practices for Quiz and Test-taking
Bb Learn Student Orientation Demo
Login to Bb Learn with:
This orientation course will help you gain the skills necessary to learn well in an online environment. The course will introduce you to the essential tools necessary to access course materials, communicate with classmates and your instructor, submit homework, take tests, and check your grades. The orientation course should take you a total of 2 hours to complete, but you may complete the course at multiple sittings as your schedule allows.
At the start of any journey, it’s important that you start off on the right foot, have a sense of where you are going, and make sure all of your equipment is ready for the long haul. In this course, you will find the learning outcomes for the course, a course menu legend to help plot your way through the lessons, hardware and software requirements to ensure a smooth journey, and some browser plug-ins just in case you need them.