Major Internet Explorer problem
New features for 2014
New features for Instructors include Date Management (to easily adjust course dates from one semester to another) and Inline Grading for discussions, blogs, wikis, and journals.
This page now links to major sources that provide up-to-date resources for Instructors and Course Builders. Learn how to use all aspects of Blackboard Learn and find answers to your questions by accessing these resources:
- ISU Customized Help* (Check here first.)
- All Other Bb Learn Help
- Blackboard Help for Instructors (at help.blackboard.com)
- Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Instructors (video tutorials at lynda.com)
- Blackboard On Demand Learning Center (video tutorials at ondemand.blackboard.com)
*NOTE: ISU has customized some Blackboard Learn functions to make it easier for users to complete tasks such as enrolling students and submitting Midterm and Final Grades. The other referenced resources (at blackboard.com and lynda.com) do not provide accurate help on topics listed under ISU Customized Help.
Login Problems? Username / Password Issues
Blackboard Errors? First check Browser and Java Issues.
Can’t find what you need here? Contact ISU Bb Help.
Beginning the Semester
Request Creation of a Bb Learn Course or Organization (Best Practice: Do this well before the start of the semester.)
Add Students to a Bb Learn Course (also add Demo Students, and Non-ISU Participants)
During the Semester
SafeAssign (plagiarism detection for assignments in Bb Learn)
Wrapping Up the Semester
Blackboard Help for Instructors (at blackboard.com)
FAQs, Searchable Topics, and Step-by-step Instructions
Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Instructors (video tutorials at Lynda.com)
Lynda.com provides dozens of brief video clips with fuller explanations than those at the Blackboard On Demand Learning Center (below). Best practice tips are sprinkled throughout almost every video.
To access the Lynda.com tutorials and files:
- Login to Lynda.com with your Iowa State University NetID and password.
- Once you are on the Lynda.com site, look under the Software menu and select Blackboard.
- Click on the link, Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Instructors.
Blackboard On Demand Learning Center (video tutorials at blackboard.com)
More than 100 video tutorials (brief and to the point)