The inaugural CELT Teaching Technology Conference will be held on Thursday, October 17 from 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m. The event is a a purposeful gathering of Iowa State University’s educators who teach with passion, knowledge, and technology!
Held in the state-of-the-art ISU Economic Development Core Facility (ISU Research Park), approximately 3.4 miles south of the main campus, the CELT Teaching Technology Conference aims to inspire and recharge instructors from various departments and disciplines by offering them the time, place and opportunity to share their Canvas teaching adventures and learn about other instructional tools and resources for creating exceptional educational experiences.
Attendees will spend the day engaged in informative instructor-led presentations showcasing Canvas courses, practical lightning talks focusing on new tools and best practices, and a useful panel discussion on how open educational resources can be implemented in Canvas. Join us for the day and network with your peers, instructional support and CELT staff and leave the event with new ideas and opportunities you can implement in your courses and share with your departments.
- 8-8:30 a.m. – Check-in and Networking (w/continental breakfast)
- 8:30-8:40 a.m. – Conference kick-off and Opening Remarks (Sara Marcketti, Director, CELT, Professor, Apparel, Merchandising, and Design)
- 8:40-9 a.m. – Where we have been and where we are going with Canvas
- 9:05-9:35 a.m. – Presentation 1
- 9:35-10:05 a.m. – Presentation 2
- 10:05-10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. – Lighting Talks (Round 1)
- 11:20 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Keynote
- 12:15-1 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. – Presentation 3
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Lighting Talks (Round 2)
- 2:35-3:10 p.m. – Panel: Open Education Resources (OER) Trailblazers Share their Stories
- 3:10-3:15 p.m. – Closing remarks and reflections
Eligibility: All faculty members (tenured, tenure-track, or term), and staff with a teaching role who have a genuine interest in learning about course design and development in digital pedagogy are encouraged to register.
Deadline: Registration will open on September 3 and the deadline is Monday, October 7, 2019 at 5 p.m. or until we are at capacity. Currently, we can accommodate up to 40 people. First come, first served.
Location: The CELT Conference will take place approximately 3.4 miles south of Iowa State’s main campus at the ISU Economic Development’s Core Facility (ISU Research Park), 1805 Collaboration Place, Ames, Iowa 50010-8648.
Tour the facility via this ISU Research Park Conference Rooms Facebook Video (note: there is music accompanying this video)
For directions, see the interactive Google Map below or visit this GoogleMap weblink.
October 17, 2019
8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Held in the state-of-the-art ISU Economic Development’s Core Facility (ISU Research Park), 1805 Collaboration Place, Ames, Iowa 50010-8648. For directions, see the interactive Google Map below or visit this GoogleMap weblink.