Our vision is to position Iowa State University at the forefront of learning and teaching among land-grant universities.
Our mission is to support, promote, and enhance teaching effectiveness and student learning; encourage scholarship of teaching and learning; communicate the importance of teaching and learning to both internal and external audiences; and serve as a catalyst for learning-centered education.
To accomplish this mission the Center provides consultation, resources, and programs to:
- Facilitate the professional and intellectual development of faculty, staff, and graduate students as educators.
- Promote and support a community of teacher-scholars where the theory and practice of teaching and learning are shared.
- Help instructors and academic units develop, implement, and assess instructional approaches and methods.
- Foster innovations in university teaching.
- Advocate appropriate use of technology in enhancing university teaching and learning.
- Help individual instructors assess their teaching effectiveness and their students’ learning.
- Sustain a university culture that recognizes and rewards both scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Promote student learning as central to accomplishing the teaching/learning mission of the university.