In June 2018, the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) invited stakeholders to complete a short survey about the importance of and satisfaction with CELT programs, resources, and services.
To begin analysis we used the WordItOut web-based tool to create a word cloud based upon responses to the question, “What three words would you use to describe CELT?.” The tool created an image that gives visual prominence to words that appear more frequently in a text. The word cloud used responses that were gathered three or more times with the larger words receiving over 20 responses included: Helpful, Resource, Supportive, and Innovative.
Comprehensive workshops and seminars covering everything from course design to fostering inclusion within the classroom to improving your online courses.
- Award winning series – learn the secrets from award winning teachers at ISU!
- Seminars, workshops, and series on engagement, disruption, documenting your teaching and more on our Upcoming Programs website.
- Inclusive classroom programming that help you identify ways to foster inclusion in your classes, explore the workshop and conversations on the inclusive classroom programs website
- Quality Matters training to improve your online courses, learn more from the Quality Matters at Iowa State webpage and join the brand new QM Learning Community!
- All of our resources and programs are open to the entire campus community, whether you are new to teaching or a seasoned professor. Registration is easy via the Learn@ISU website.
- Preparing Future Faculty Program for our graduate students and postdocs
- CELT maintains institutional memberships to Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL)
- Canvas trainings cover the basics of course design to more sophisticated workshops on managing your course with group work, rubrics, and mastery paths. All of these are found on the MyCanvas: Teacher at ISU website.
- We build communities and offer a haven of support for instructors through
- Consultations that are formative in nature and confidential
- Teaching and Learning Communities
- CELT observations of teaching through consultations, and the Teaching Observation Program
CELT is responsive to the needs of the community. This semester, revised and new services include
- The MyCanvas: Teacher website includes a Semester Checklist web guide
- Programming to include foundational teaching strategies
Our programming and services are a click away. Be sure to sign up now for one (or more) of the exciting opportunities to engage, learn, grow, and share your teaching and learning success.
Best wishes for the start of fall semester 2018,
Sara Marcketti, Director
Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
Full Teaching Tip
View the published CELT Teaching Tip: Achieving Teaching Success: How CELT Can Support You (August 10, 2018 – Constant Contact) website.